The renowned University of Szeged is one of the best Hungarian universities and it belongs to the elite of the internationally ranked higher education institutions. Some of the most important reasons why you should choose the University of Szeged are listed below:
- The university has high educational standards, a statement endorsed by the high positions that it gets in many international rankings. According to several of them, it belongs to the top 20% universities in the world and it was nominated for the best Hungarian university of the academic year 2015/2016.
- Hungary is a member of the EHEA (European Higher Education Area). Due to this, the university can offer many different educational opportunities that are recognized in the other states of the EU and in many other countries. There are undergraduate and postgraduate medical degrees and students can even take their PhD programs there.
- Research is a fundamental part of the University of Szeged, where they focus a lot on development and innovation, covering 700 different research areas at 19 Doctoral Schools all in all.
- The innovation is further promoted by building the “ELI-ALPS Laser Research Centre in Szeged”. The University of Szeged is one of the owners of this center that is currently being built.
- The university won the label “the greenest university”. This means that you will always find a nice green space, where you can take a break from the everyday university life and relax.
- Approximately 10% of the students are international and come from more than 90 different countries (ca. 2,500 students). Not only does this make the university a very international higher education institution, but also its worldwide partnerships. The university has more than 500 partner universities and 432 Erasmus+ partner universities worldwide.
- Szeged is one of the best university cities in Europe. It has a very vivid cultural life, a modern infrastructure, similar to the one in the capital Budapest and there are very student-friendly prices.
- There are different scholarships, e.g. the “Stipendium Hungaricum”, for which students from all over the world can apply.
- The university’s motto is “Where knowledge meets challenge”, so challenge yourself and get educated at the University of Szeged!